As a small stud we pride ourselves on giving individual attention to all horses on the stud, each year we prepare a small number of foals, yearlings and mares for the sales primarily at Tattersalls in Newmarket.
We are able to provide a complete service to ensure that your horses reach the sales ring in peak physical condition. By working closely with our nutritionists and farriers we are able tailor individual programmes for all the horses entering sales preparation.
Our facilities include:
- Allocated staff looking after the horses from the start of sales preparation through to taking the horse through the sales ring.
- A dedicated sales preparation yard with small post and rail turn out paddocks for daily turnout.
- A roofed Claydon horse walker with rubber flooring supervised at all times by staff working in the yard.
- A lunge pit / covered area.
- A turnout cage for restricted exercise.
- A quiet and peaceful area for horses to walk in hand and be taught to stand for prospective clients, numerous areas to hand walk to expose horses to different areas of the stud.
The horses are prepared for the sales using a variety of hand walking, walking on the horse walker and lunging alongside daily grooming and individual attention to ensure that the horses are well mannered and able to stand correctly.
Bloodstock agents are welcome to come and view horses prior to the sales in a quiet, peaceful location.
The Stanley Estate and Stud Company,
Stanley House Stud,
The Estate Office,
T: 01638 663081
The Hon.P.H.Stanley – 07778 464146